Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My 2005 renault master 3.0 diesel is having trouble getting

Customer Question

My 2005 renault master 3.0 diesel is having trouble getting going particularly in cold weather. It fires up fine very quickly after turning the key, but then the engine cuts out/judders to a halt seconds later. If done several times it lasts a bit longer but there is no response from the accelerator until the engine remains running for a good ten seconds or more. However the colder the weather the shorter the time it runs for before cutting out. I have had a mechanic look at it who is sure the problem is to do with the ecu rather than a mechanical fault but a diagnostic test showed no faults.

Category: Renault