Mark
Mark, Renault Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester
69494627

, the problem is my clio wont start, its just click, click,

Customer Question

Hi, the problem is my clio wont start, its just click, click, click, I was told it was the crank senser, replaced that , its still doin the same.. I was then told all clio have an electric fault on them. please help me as I don't want unnessessary labour/parts charges.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thought my question would of been answered immediately, Ive waited to long now so would you please cancel it I cannot wait any longer... as my question has not been answered I do not expect to pay the £18.00.

Expert:  Mark replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try help you with this.
If all you are getting is a click when you try start the engine then this can be caused by a few things.
You could have a flat battery, a faulty starter motor, bad or dirty connections, a broken earth strap down at the gearbox or worst of all, a seized engine.
A broken earth strap at the gearbox is a common fault though and should be the second thing you check after you check the battery condition first.
Mark.