Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Had a double swivel base fitted to passenger seats on

Customer Question

Hi, Had a double swivel base fitted to passenger seats on '07 Renault traffic. Airbag warning light and SERV light is on at dashboard. I NEED to turn them off tonight otherwise I won't get the MOT pass tomorrow. Please can you help?

I have tried removing the fuse for the airbags but the warning light is still on.  I have also removed the dashboard trim to see if I can remove the warning light bulb but the speedo/rev counters and display clocks and lights are all sealed within the large unit.  A friend says that the lights are probably small LEDs attached to the PCU so very tricky to remove anyway.

There are two thin blue wires underneath the passengers seat (1 from each seatbelt pre tensioner) and 4 coming up from the floor (light brown, dark brown, purple and white/red). Picture attached.  A diagnostic on the warning light said 'open circuit on airbag/seatbelt'. I am reluctant to try and patch any wires back together as don't want to mess things up more.  They can't really be attached anyway because the seat needs to swivel.  Would be useful if the warning could be turned off on ECU or the wires patched to close the circuit.

Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I would like a refund please since I have not yet had an answer for my question.

I was disappointed that the original 'Renault expert' did not respond directly to my original queries and I was left with no personal responses.

I do not feel satisfied with the service and have not had my money's worth. Please advise me on cancelling my query and obtaining a full refund as I am going to have to get assistance elsewhere.

Many thanks. Sincerely,

Mark Fletcher