Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Very slow to refill fuel tank,And fuel gauge not correct.Had

Customer Question

.Very slow to refill fuel tank,And fuel gauge not correct.Had fuel stollen from tank, by syphoning,This is 2006 Renault master 2.5
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Mark and will try help you with this.This looks like the thief has damaged the filler neck assembly. The filer neck contains a restrictor valve to prevent syphoning.When it gets damaged it can cause the fuel to back up and be slow to enter the tank.As for the fuel gauge fault. This too could have been caused by the theft. The hose used may have dislodged or damaged the float assembly inside the tank.You will probably have to replace the filler neck and also remove the float to check for damage.Mark.