Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2002 clio 1.2 16v and only 3 weeks after buying I

Customer Question

I have a 2002 clio 1.2 16v and only 3 weeks after buying I am having a problem with the loom fault codes are 105A and 1044. What will I need to re pair these problems!
I am told that there may have been a recall to these vehicles for this problem. The car has only done 71000m!
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal, Yes I have been wondering what's happened my question

Can you please also note that this account belongs to me, *****@******.*** and not to the base computer I am using!

I have already sent this message but it seems to be being ignored.

I would appreciate an answer a.s.a.p as until I know how to proceed I am not using my car for fear of breaking down!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, Shantal I was wondering when I would here from you regarding my question! of course I still want an answer as without knowing how to proceed I am unable to use my car for fear of breaking down!

Please also note that this account is held by *****@******.*** and not the computer user which I'm using. I have already mailed you about this so please send an answer a.s.a.p to me as above. Thanks.

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Mark and will try help you with this.The 1.2 16v suffers from a major problem due to how the wiring loom enters the ECU.Located at the back of the engine, the loom enters into a "secure" box which has metal edges.This cuts into the loom and breaks the wiring.Its more then likely the problem with yours, there is a modified loom available.Parts about £158+VAT (was a while back)Fitting, anywhere between £100-£250.Depending on damage caused, existing loom maybe repairable. Be sure to get some rubber to go round the metal edges of the box also.