Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a renault espace which won't start. The engine turns

I have a renault espace which won't start. The engine turns but not start up
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help...
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Is this a petrol or diesel?Too - exactly what has been done / checked so far ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its a diesel.

fuel injector been changed and had a new one way valve replaced and was running for a while.it wasnt perfect as when you put foot down on accelorator to gather speed the car will stall. is this due to an air lock in the few line.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.. Thank you for your reply / info -
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
What was the background to this issue- just a fault with running / faulty injector?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi Mike

yes initially an injector issue as car was stalling quite a bit. Now seems to be just not starting

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..Ok - in that case yes - 99% sure it will be an air issue...These often suffer with the manual bleed pump - the "ball" in the pipe by the fuel filter, persihing / cracking - They are fine until you come to use them - then the crack and draw air in.. You wont always see a diesel leak when this happens - as it just sucks the air in as you pump.I would suggest to renew that bleed pump affair -and try again with the bleed- it should be ok then. IF not- a tow start usually does it - it can take some doing with some of the more stubborn ones -but once started.. and kept running until smooth - then its always ok after that on every start.So one way or the other as above should sort this for you --- just ensure you have no leaks at all anywhere on the fuel system as well.... and that should be that for you .Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

great thanks mike. will let you know how i get on

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all... Please dont forget to click on the OK ratings for me at this point...Thank you ---MIKE