Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I think that my Scenic has developed an electrical fault because

Customer Question

I think that my Scenic has developed an electrical fault because it keeps blowing side light bulbs and offside dipped head lamp bulbs, do you have any ideas as to why?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..advise.The usual issue with these is water ingress into the wiring - and fuse boxes.. so you need to check this carefully..Check both the fuse boxes under the bonnet and inside the car.Other issues that can cause this is damage to / chaffed wiring in that circuit - I cant say just where of course - you need to check it all through - and check the connections to the light units for bad / damaged connectors causing shorts.Too - ensure you are using the correct bulbs - and consider having a battery charge check done - for over voltage which can cause this too.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.