Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Boot lock and rear windscreen wiper not working on a 2003 megane

boot lock and rear windscreen wiper not working on a 2003 megane diesel
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Close it please, cant be waiting this long. I thought your service was immediate to be honest

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome.
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help.
If there is someone on at the time that can help , then the service can be immediate.. Too - Live Chats are immediate - your question was listed on the general question / answer cat.
If you do still need help , let me know and we can progress -
Rgds, MIKE.....................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike

Yes I would like to proceed

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
HI there..Ok - I see you say you fitted a new boot lock.. is it that the lock will not work mechanically or electrically?What tests have you run / have you used a meter on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have nor used a meter, wouldnt know how to be honest. I am certain that it is electrical and would the rear windscreen wiper be connected to the issue

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply...sorry I could only just get back to you -Ok, with having problems with both the lock and the RWD ( demister ) this would tend to indicate an electrical issue yes.. Common problems that cause this is a break in the wiring to the boot -- You need to check first - see where the wires come from the car to the boot - peel open the tubing / insulation - often you will find one or more broken wires in there that will cause both these issues...Of course then you need to repair what you find to cure it.IF you dont find any issue there - then check right inside the boot - checking the wiring / connections again for any breaks - loom damage - loose connections etc.One way or the other you should find the fault as above... Sometimes a chaffed / broken wire will cause a fuse to blow also - so if after a repair to the wiring it still wont work - check the relevant fuses and replace as neceserry then.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience: Tech Expert