Mike
Mike, Renault Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Very high engine revs on start up, 2-3000 RPM. This can continue

Customer Question

Very high engine revs on start up, 2-3000 RPM. This can continue for some time, even when operating temperature has been reached.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome.

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise.

Air intake as such will not cause this issue -not being blocked - but what can cause it is unmetered air going into the engine - ie, a leak.

You need to check very carefully all the vac / air pipes on the engine...looking for loose pipes / fittings - and splits / perished pipes anywhere - Anything like this will cause this.

Also check the TB - throttle body - its mount / gasket - see if the whole unit is tight as it should be -

Use a length of hose as stethoscope - to listed for air sucking...

All your symptoms point to this.

If all else fails- you could well have a faulty air mass meter - but do check as above first before any parts replacements.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE