Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Mike could you help me my Renault scenic 1.6 16v petrol keeps

Customer Question

Mike could you help me my Renault scenic 1.6 16v petrol keeps cutting out as I approach juncitions and go in low revs and and dipp my clutch and lower my speed I've had Dephaser pulley done and timing kit done and it still does it also too add my tb looks fine and hadn't flaged a fault cam shaft I believe flagged ??
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
When it cuts out does it restart up straight away or any engine management lights pop up when it does?
What do you mean tb? throttle body?
Was it a camshaft fault/dephaser fault code that was diagnosed to have the pulley replaced and t-belt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it wasnt they done the t belt and pulley because of the classic rattle on start up and 3 attempts to start that's now gone however the citing out remains as I'm slowing to a stop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes throttle body apparently is fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check in injection is up I've had oil coils and sparks replaced too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All sorry not oil
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.there..
If the check injection light is on..it means fault codes will be stored..so ideally you would need to find out what those are..by your description of events and the car cutting out at slowdown sounds like classic CKP sensor issue dropping out and thus this can cause the car to cut out on slow down..the only way to know that for sure is to live data test it - plugged in drive the car to see which sensor either crank/cam position is dropping out or not sending back info..have they done a fuel system pressure test just to be sure thats ok and within spec..givin what you've had done already upto now..then as above would be a few other things to have checked out..if not already done of course which you dont mention..I do hope this helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They haven't done a fuel pressure test as I know he did clear all the the codes but this injection one has come back they ran a test and cam sensor had flagged as the only fault it's in now waiting for Renault sensor to be fitted to it I hope it works is the ckp the cam sensor ?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
No the cam sensor monitors the camshaft timing - the crank / ckp sensor monitors the crank timing via the flywheel..the ecu uses those to work out engine timing,tdc or positon when to fire the coils/injectors at the right moment.so the sensors have to work together or run in sync.if one of those sensors drop out..then the engine wont run or cut out..If they've diagnoses a cam sensor fault..they need to be sure that the crank sensor is ok too..sometimes a faulty cam sensor could mean a fail on the crank sensor..But yes the sensor from dealer would be ideal and hopefully that should sort it..I do hope this helps...Please dont forget to rate one of the answers above..most appreciated..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you mate I will let you know how it goes I'll be sure to tell them to check the crank sensor too fingers crossed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I rate your answers ?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..thats fine. hopefully it gets it resolved
You can rate one of the answers above using the stars or rating Ok or above