Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hey. I have a 53 billabong clio and randomly (no specific speed

Customer Question

Hey. I have a 53 billabong clio and randomly (no specific speed or gear) the engine will cut out and looses all power. Engine light flashes on and then it kinda stalls while still moving once turning off and back on starts up and is okay to drive again. I have had the aa out who recommended the coil pack which I had replaced a few days later. This was serval months ago. No problems since. Then around a month ago it all started again but was much worse and could happen several times in a row every other day or not happen for days. No computer test can find any fault in the car. Forums recommended the maf/map sensor which I found by unplugging when the car was playing up stopped it happening until I was somewhere safe and able to plug it back in (which was once on a dual cartridge way). I had this replaced two weeks ago and then no problems again until this evening when it cut out completely again in the dark on a country road. I have already had the crank shaft sensor replaced not long after purchasing as it wouldnt start and had to be towed to a garage. What else can it seriously be? I am fed up of noone being able to resolve this issue and forking out for parts which obviously do not need replacing
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hellothe problem with intermittant electrical issues is by their very nature they are very hard to track down I'd suggest as the next step is to check all the fuses and relays in the engine bay fusebox for signs of corrosion and cracks and replace any parts that you have any doubt over