Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My scenic takes ages to start when cold when its warmed its ok I have bee told it is the

Customer Question

my scenic takes ages to start when cold
when its warmed its ok I have bee told it is the ecu unit
Category: Renault
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm assuming that this is the petrol engine and it could be incorrect fuelling due to a faulty water temp sensor. If this is the problem then the ECU will never add the 'cold start' extra fuel required if the car starts OK when warm then I 'd look into changing the sensor.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.