Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I own a renault trafic van and water has been drawn up through

I own a renault trafic van and water has been drawn up through the air intake/filter driving through flood water on the roads due to recent weather conditions, is this fixable ?
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
If water has got into the cylinders it will likely of hydrolocked,which isnt good..they have to check for that - in that case its quite possible to damage/bend valves or even conrods..which would essentially render the engine scrap sadly - timing belt depending on engine,needs to be checked...it would be suggested first to at least get the glowplugs removed or injectors if they can..after which try and get the water out/suck it out with a fluid extractor or turn the engine over to blow the water out itself - drop the oil to to ensure water hasnt got into the oil/replace that - replace the air filter - and then put everything back together..and then see if it starts or not...