Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I need advice on the alarm system. My sister, aged 81 years,

Customer Question

I need advice on the alarm system. My sister, aged 81 years, has a Renault Megane bought new in 2006, she is now experiencing a problem with the alarm system. Halfords replace the clutch and fly wheel and in doing the work the garage has affected the alarm system. The clutch etc were done in 3 days, however, for the next 10 days they could not trace a fault created by the garage. The fault is that when the car is locked the alarm system activates and warning lights keep flashing and the garage cannot find out why. This did not occur before the car went to the garage. The garage response to the fault is to say that the alarm system has been fitted as an extra and not their fault. The car was bought new from a Renault dealer and has not had any modifications whatsoever. The car has been return with the alarm disconnected - after 10 days. Would you please advise if the alarm system was fitted on the car as new and how the problem could be solved? Neither my sister or I are knowledgeable about cars and believe we are being given the run-a-round. Your advice would be very welcome
Thank you and kind regards, ***** ***** XXXXXX
Category: Renault
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy and Sister
Sorry to hear of the problem and the poor help you got from the repair shop.
If you can post me a photo of the remote control (clicker)from this i will be able to let you know if you have a original alarm system of a fitted aftermarket system.
But if you bought the car from brand new i can't imagine you have an aftermarket alarm system fitted .
Kindest regards Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roy did you get round to checking this issue .
Rgds Greg