Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Maybe you can help me here...My 2011 Grand Scenic 2.0

Customer Question

Maybe you can help me here...
My 2011 Grand Scenic 2.0 (patrol/CVT) keep flashing randomly the message "STOP! Braking System Fault".
It usually happens upon ignition, and then every now and then (no pattern I could notice).
I went to my garage, and later to an authorized dealer, but neither had a clue of what's wrong, and both assured me that the breaking system is working fine.
The breaks are working flawlessly, including the automatic hand break. They checked all the obvious such as the disks, pads, breaking fluid etc.
Those messages are scary and drive us mad.. What should we test next, any clue?
Thanks for your time,
Oded
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Ross replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.
This certainly is an unusual fault. There are two things that come to mind. First is the float on the brake fluid bottle, this is a level sensor that brings this message on when the fluid drops beyond a certain point. These can go faulty or the terminals can corroded on the connector in the bottle.
The next possibility is a fault on the ABS or Brake Electronics. A Fault with the ABS hardware is unlikely to be causing this but it can also trigger the brake warning in this way.
This ideally would need to be looked into a bit deeper by a specialist or main dealer, once the level sensor has been checked the car will need to be plugged into a dealer level diagnostic system to monitor exactly what is happening with various sensors, This drive data can be analysed to see what triggered the message.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.