Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My laguna car battery is ok so why do i have no lights on dash

Customer Question

my laguna car battery is ok so why do i have no lights on dash or able to start car
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Check the connections on the battery, if there is any corrosion between the battery clamps and battery post then there will be no contact .What i suggest you do first is remove the post clamp clean and refit . Then with a Volt meter connect to the post of the battery not the clamps ,a very good battery should have 12,6 volts min 12.4 any less recharge or replace the battery .Then if the battery has good voltage connect the voltmeter to the clamps of the battery not the post. you should have the same voltage as the connection to the post ..Now if all the voltage reading are good now you need to check the main fuse in the fuse box , if you have any blown fuses replace and recheck for power and try to start . Do this and if you are still having a problem then please get back to me with the reply box below . Kindest regards Greg