Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Is a Renault g9u a724 engine the same as a g9u b730

Customer Question

Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you. The G9U Engine comes in many variants, the last four digits of the engine code indicate certain revisions, and/or minor differences in the engine but does not effect the actual shape/design. As long as the engine is still a G9U The engine will physically fit and run. You may find if the engine has been taken from a car to be put into a van got example, the ancillary components such as power steering pumps/ac pump etc.. may be laid out differently, this will require certain parts swapping from the original engine. If you are swapping a short block this will not matter as it will be swapped anyway. But in short, the A724 engine and B730 are both the same basic engine. This engine being the 2.5L From memory was only fitted to vans so a straight swap is almost certainly possible and relatively simple. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross