Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Robert airbag and service lights are on car is a renault scenic spo

Customer Question

hi robert airbag and service lights are on car is a renault scenic sport 1.6 2000 reg have done connections under both front seats and scanned with icarsoft and faults are 1g computer and 6g passenger airbag line 1 resistance open circuit/fault warning light.open circuit.loss to ov faults can be cleared and lights will stay off as long as the ignition is kept on any help would be appreciated
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes please still keep looking as i still have not found a solution to this problem that i have
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Hi . Did you try and clear codes after working on the AirBag systemt . Can you get me the actual codes . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg yes after doing the both connections under the front seats got 2 fault codes deleted but still 2 remain (pics show scan tool used and what they say) hope this helps anymore information l can help you with please get in touch many thanks Gary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg sorry forgot to mention after deleting the codes and turning the ignition back on the service light and airbag light will stay off for about 7-8 seconds and come back on again hope this will help also thanks Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Hi Gary . Was this car in an accident ?Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No has not been in a accident Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Gary Recheck the passengers wiring harness under the seat ,this is still fault if wiring is good cut out the connector and direct solder the wires together . This is a common issue on this car with the connection under the seat we fins soldering in the wires direct works . If i could make sense of the 1G code would be better but looks like a Computer malfunction code meaningthe Airbag ECU is faulty .Can you try another scan tool as iCarsoft are known for giving out unknown codes you should have a B0000 or U0000 codes .Bur do the connection first clear codes and this one may clear also . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg. Clear codes recheck . Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Many thanks Greg will recheck under passenger seat scan tool is only one I have is it worth me cleaning up the connector plug on the ECU Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Yes i would do that for sure ,Disconnect the battery first and wait 10 minutes before starting any work on the Air bag system . Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg have reworked connections under seat and cleaned plug on ECU and still the same would it be worth trying a different ECU ? Or do you think that the code is to deep in the memory for my scan tool to get rid of I have done a scan with the ECU disconnected and obviously didn't pick up nothing (just a shot in the dark but trying to see if ECU was at fault) Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
If the door key lock system is not working then there is a problem .I would try another airbag tool but normally you should be able to do it with yours .?But could well be the ECU .can you try another tool so we can get OBD codes as we know them . Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Door entry system works fine no problem with that at all trying to get hold of another scan tool no joy at The moment Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Okay let me know when you have another scan tool Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg managed to get hold of another scanner a can obd11 memoscan u581 told me there were no faults on the vehicle but the lights are still on would I be better off getting a just for Renault scanner and trying that Gary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg got hold of another scanner a konnwei kw808 still telling me no codes deleted but I have been doing a little investigation over the weekend and I disconnected the passenger side airbag and with the icarsoft scanner cleared 1 code just leaving the code saying about the computer could I assume that the problem would be the ECU faulty but still working the central locking side of things Gary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry was meant to say no codes detected not deleted Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Very possible a ECU issue have it tested to vbe sure . Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Greg think I ruled out faulty ECU got hold of another ECU (used) fitted it and still have the same codes after scanning with my icarsoft would I be right in thinking that the line 1 would be the one that runs from the ECU to the passenger airbag as all cables under the seat passenger side seems bring up faults saying line 2 Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
Check each wire from the Airbag ECU to the cable connection under the seat,if ECU and wiring is good then you do have a bad Seat airbag. Greg
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have traced all cables checked all connections all look good would that be on the passenger seat or driver seat that has the bad airbag as it's scanning a problem on the passenger side
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi after some time consuming testing disconnecting battery waiting and if I disconnect passenger seat airbag and scan I get passenger airbag line 2 open circuit if I disconnect driver seat airbag and scan I get passenger airbag line 1 open circuit so I assume by that the fault is on the drivers side seat airbag(could that be faulty) still baffled now about fault warning light open circuit loss to ov is it worth replacing cables from ECU to the airbag on drivers seat before investing in a new airbag Gary
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.
This will be the passengers seat . And when this is replaced you will need to reprogram it to the system Greg