Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Mike I have a Renault traffic 55 plate 1.9 dci 100 went

Customer Question

Hi mike I have a Renault traffic 55 plate 1.9 dci 100 went through large puddle yesterday van lost power got recovered by AA when I we open ended bonnet the oval shaped rubber that you manually pump fuel through fuel filter was all squished together so aa man disconnected and connected to Jerry can of diesel and van starts perfectly as soon as taken off and reconnect proper pipe van dies down loses power just wondering if you have any advice thanks Tony
Category: Renault
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hellothis sounds like the fuel pump is struggling to pull fuel through from the tank and so developing a vacuum and sucking the pump bulb flat I'd 1st suggest to replace the fuel filter with a new item and if that doens't help then try loosening off the fuel filler cap to ensure that there's no vacuum inside the tankthe cap has a 1 way valve in it which can fail so this may need replacing
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you