Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I bought one of those OBD2 adapters and a fault come

Hello I bought one of those OBD2 adapters and a fault come up
The fault is P0606 isn't possible this to come up because of this adapter
Thank you ***** *****
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi.. What year is this Renault? or model.. Did this fault appear before you used the OBD2 adapter or after? Does the vehicle run at all?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car is Renault Scenic automatic 1.9dci dinamic 130 the year is 2008
Before I bought this Bluetooth adapter I had 2 or 3 cut outs in the driving I hope this adapter will help me to find the fault
I have torque software on my phone
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes the car is ok for now
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
Hi..thanks for your reply.. Ok..as you may of gathered already P0606 is basically an internal fault with the ECM/PCM albeit the processor side,its quite a rare fault code to come across on these cars in all honesty..so of course basic checks would need to be made in and around the ecu for corrosion/moisture aswell as the main harness and pins are clean etc - it can basically mean the ECU is faulty and needs repaired or replaced.that would however need a higher end scanner or dealer level to solve that if its replaced..if the ecu is repaired then its basically plug it back in..i highly doubt your bluetooth adapter would be able to go any further than that bar just giving you the fault code thats been logged...I never really like to rely or trust these adapters especially so if its Chinese made copy of an orginal..its always best to back it up with another proper scanner to be sure....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Robert all the best
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.
No problem ..glad to help! please dont forget to leave a rating before you log out..many thanks
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK