Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2008 Renault Clio 1.2 petrol car. As soon as speedo

I have a 2008 Renault Clio 1.2 petrol car. As soon as speedo hits 50mph the ABS alarm and handbrake lights come on along with spanner light and stop light. Diagnostics run by garage no problems found. Switch off ignition and restart, all clear, until you hit 50mph again.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Probably the best course of action is to get your garage to run a live data pids on all 4 wheels.that i mean you monitor all 4 wheels on live data on the diagnsotic machine..and then whilst its recording drive the car upto the MPH that fault occurs..they can then once they have recorded that live data go back and inspect each wave form is suspect and doesnt match all the other wheels to see which wheel is the problem,then make inspection on that wheels/ABS sensor..I suspect from what your saying you either have a pulse ring very slightly broken or sensor dropping out on the ABS for it to flag up at higher speeds.or even as far to go the airgap between the sensor and pulse ring full of dirt....just because there is no fault codes logged doesnt mean a fault doesnt still exsist on the ABS..