Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hope you can help, I own a Kangoo reg YE61 CEA been having

Customer Question

hi hope you can help, I own a Kangoo reg YE61 CEA been having problems some time now with starting, on damp wet days wont start if the petrol below 1/4 of tank wont start , various engineers have seen and supposed to have repaired from a new battery, to starter motor, now three different engineers state the diagnostics say 1) ignition starter faulty 2) the pump and 3) electrical problem to do with fuel injection. Have you come across my problem and if so can you advise thank YOU.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

I'd start by loosening off the fuel filler cap , as there's a 1 way valve in the cap to allow air into the tank and prevent a vacuum from stalling the fuel pump

if this helps then replace the filler cap

or is the engine not turning over at all

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you