Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2,0lt rxe has apparently self detonated can i replace it

Customer Question

my 2,0lt rxe has apparently self detonated can i replace it with a smaller engine
Category: Renault
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

hello

if you want to change the engine for a smaller capacity then this is possible and the 1.6 version is a fairly straightforward swap

you will need to also fit a 1.6 ECU to suit the different engine and ideally the engine bay loom too

however can I ask why you want the smaller engine? to improve fuel consumption?

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you