Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Have a Renault Kangoo 2004 petrol automatic. Engine died

Customer Question

Hi, Have a Renault Kangoo 2004 petrol automatic. Engine died while driving along, there was some noise, thought it was a moped going by but realized it was my car, then everything went dead, no dashboard lights. Diagnostic test revealed brake pedal switch problem, have changed it, still turns over but won't start. Crank shaft is turning so engine is fine I'm told. Have had previous trouble with wandering idle and occasional stalling. Can you suggest anything, before I spend any more money on an old car. Thank you
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Sorry the dashboard now comes on fine.
Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Renault?
Customer: Expression 16v Automatic
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've only put in the brake pedal switch, the rest of the checks have been carried out by mechanics
Category: Renault
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi..there..

Apart from the dash..does anything else work or not work in the car?

Do they still hear the fuel pump kick on,engine still getting fuel? have they tested to see if spark is still present?