Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My radio and sat nav just died checked all the fuses I can

Customer Question

My radio and sat nav just died checked all the fuses I can find any sugestions
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is it the screen only that died and you already tried a replacement and it did not work?

What year and model vehicle is this?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Renault Traffic van 2012 and basically the radio is still powered up as the CD ejects but the radio and sat nav don't work.

O.k.,this sounds like the common fault with the radio/head unit itself in the dash.This can fail suddenly like you see here with it failing to operate properly or at all.Since you have checked all fuses and found all to be o.k. the radio fault codes need checked with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set then those codes can be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.Electrical testing will need to be done as well at the radio/head unit to make sure it is the cause.But this does sound like the common fault of it failing needing replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete