Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a fuel injection faukt displaying, this happened some

Customer Question

I have a fuel injection faukt displaying , this happened some weeks after putting in the wrong fuel(which was professionaly drained) and 2 days after my service due info. Now very slussish and wont rev past 3000rpm.
Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Not bad fuel economy though hard to be accurate as cant see info. Starts second time every time.(never first time)
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: 2011 2.0dci
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing it myself and not tried anything yet . Just trying not to get ripped off by agareage as i dont know what is needing done
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Renault
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

can I ask if the fuel filter was replaced when the tank was drained? as it should have been

the symptoms sound like a lack of fuel pressure and I'm sorry to say that if the engine was run on petrol for even a few miles then its possible the high pressure fuel pump on the engine may have been badly damaged

as petrol strips any lubricant out from the pump so then it starts to wear very rapidly

if changing the filter doesn't help then the fuel pressure at the injectors should be measured, this will confirm if the pump is OK or not

and if it is low try getting in touch with this firm who sell reconditioned pumps, a lot cheaper than new

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/