Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Scenic 2, second one I've had.Both have auto box and 1.6

Customer Question

scenic 2 , second one I've had.Both have auto box and 1.6 vvti engine.Gearbox? shunts when cold, I switch off anfd restart and it's fine.Dash shows electronic fault or checkgearbox
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: 2006 and now 2004 scenic 2, only covered 70000 miles
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Renault
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 30 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.This has to be done to help locate the fault.This may be a failing rpm sensor or solenoid in the gear box causing this fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete