spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Owner
Experience:  I own and have repaired RV and related work in this field.Diesel technician 30 years
65057319

I AM CONSIDERING PURCHASING A FAIRLY NEW LOW MILEAGE MAZDA

Customer Question

I AM CONSIDERING PURCHASING A FAIRLY NEW LOW MILEAGE MAZDA CAMPERVAN ..IN YOUR EXPERT OPINION WHICH IS THE BEST ENGINE TO OPT FOR ..THE 2.5 DIESEL OR THE 2.0 ECO PETROL ENGINE ? HOPE YOU CAN OBLIGE REGARDS XXXXX XXXXX

Category: RV
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Roland,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AM WILLING TO WAIT FOR A FEW MORE DAYS PLEASE REPLY ASAP

Hello Roland,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roland , my name is XXXXX XXXXX do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.

Very sorry for long delay.

I would go with the diesel!
Here are a few reasons why.

First longevity.
They will last 300,000 miles without any major issues as long as you take care of your maintnance like you should.
Oil and fuel filters changed on a regular bassis,,,,,,, if you don't put a lot of miles on it less than 10,000 a year you still want to do oil and fuel filters once a year.

The cost to purchase used will be a little bit higher but well worth the money.

Fuel mileage will be about 1/2 of what a gas engine uses.

Torque for Pulling hills or heavy load while towing a vehicle will be a breeze compaired to gas engine.

Now cost for repairs will be higher but compaied to each other over all cost is a lot less.

Before you purchase any used vehicle spend the $300 US to get a full inspection it could save you up to $10,000 US if you get a bad engine with a lot of issues.

Make sure you road test for at least two hours and if it has a tow package on it if at all possible tow something on test drive.
Some problems will only show up after running for awhile and under a load.

Check everything on van to make sure everything is working don't be afraid to have them demonstrate all extra add ons and try them sevaal times like heat,ac,power inverter/converter.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to help.
I'm usually online during daytime hours.

Best of luck
spanky
spankyjr1, RV Owner
Experience: I own and have repaired RV and related work in this field.Diesel technician 30 years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GOT TOUR REPLY AT LAST IT WAS WORTH WAITING FOR THANKS A LOT FOR GREAT INFO roland

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 3 years ago.
Happy I was able to help Roland and again sorry for delay next time you need something that's related to RV start question with spanky and you you won't have to wait so long.

Thank you for positive raing very much appreciated.

Good luck
spanky