spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Owner
Experience:  I own and have repaired RV and related work in this field.Diesel technician 30 years
65057319

My Berlingo van occasionally locks itself after about 30 secs.

Customer Question

My Berlingo van occasionally locks itself after about 30 secs. I can get out of the van and holding the keys dangling from the ring so that I can't possibly operate the button on the plip, it sometimes locks itself. This is normally fine - provided you haven't left the keys inside!!
Cheers, Stuart
Category: RV
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Stuart,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shantal,

I have not had any communication from Just Answer since you acknowledged receipt of my £21, which I paid to get a speedy response!!! - So much for that!!

Yes, I do still need an answer, or alternatively a complete refund of my money.

Stuart

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Stuart , my name is spanky,sorry you're having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.

Sorry for long delay.

This sounds like one of 3 problems.
1 key fob button is staying activated. (Try taking battery out and see if it still happens).
2) a relay for the lock function signal is staying closed when it should open and close only when hitting lock button.
3) The control module is defective.

First if you have another key fob try that and make sure your old key fob is not close enough to activate if it is stuck.

If this is a factory key fob for door locks you shoud have a relay marked for door locks or acessories take a look in owners manual for location.
If you can't find a location try swapping like relays around in all your relay (of the same type) locations. Do one relay box at a time so if problem changes to something else you will know which box you swapped relays around in.

If this is a aftermarket alarm with lock they usually have a separate block of 4-6 relays try swapping them around they all would be of same type.
Usually under dash around steering columb.

If it's factory you would need a scanner to go any further.

Hope this helps.
spanky