spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Owner
Experience:  I own and have repaired RV and related work in this field.Diesel technician 30 years
65057319

Iveco daily edc fault code 024 what does this mean? Please

Customer Question

Iveco daily edc fault code 024 what does this mean? Please help
Category: RV
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** *****'re having trouble today.
My info is limited on this model here but I see no one else has responded with an answer so I thought I would see if I can assist with this here.

Sorry for your very long delay

Fault code 024 is for cam shaft sensor data erratic or loss of data.

This can be the the sensor itself,, a poor connection,,,loose wire,,,corrosion on sensor pins.

There is also a crankshaft sensor at flywheel,, this code pops up when both those sensors do not agree or you loose cam signal all together.
When it looses cam signal it defaults to keep engine going by reading from crank sensor only,, then the light comes on and you loose power while light is on.

Since this code goes away after re keying I would first try removing and cleaning all engine sensor plugs one at a time,, then get some dialetric grease and put in each plug before plugging back in,,,this will prevent corrosion and improve connectivity.

If that does not work you would have to replace cam sensor.

Please only rate my answer,, not site issues,, that is how I'm credited from JA for my time.

spanky