spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Owner
Experience:  I own and have repaired RV and related work in this field.Diesel technician 30 years
65057319

Bit complicated, but bear with me. My brother in law has a

Customer Question

Bit complicated, but bear with me. My brother in law has a 1978 VW camper fitted with a 2.7 perkins diesel engine. He can't turn the engine off, something about a valve connected to a motor. The motor is burnt out. Can we/he get a part or is it a rewind of the motor. He is having no look in Germany where he lives
Category: RV
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.
I think you are talking about shut down solenoid and they are available here in US.
Can you send me picture of pump and shutdown solenoid and I will see if I can locate for you.
spankyjr1, RV Owner
Experience: I own and have repaired RV and related work in this field.Diesel technician 30 years
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the positive rating . If you send me a picture of shutdown solenoid I will locate one for you. Thanks

Copy and open this link in new tab to view the solenoids

https://www.google.com/search?q=2.7+perkins+shutdown+solenoid&rlz=1C1CHTX_enUS494US494&biw=1455&bih=705&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI2pbhrqeKxwIVxXg-Ch3OPgFr