Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

We have @fiat cusona 564motor home 56reg finding it very

Customer Question

We have @fiat cusona 564motor home 56reg finding it very noisy from road noise could you help thanks keithp
Category: RV
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello Keith

1st thing to check is the tyre pressures are up to the maximum and then check that the tyre is wearing evenly across its width

if it looks like its wearing unevenly then it will be scrubbing and this greatly increases road noise

if this is all OK then you may need to change the tyre as some makes are a lot better than others in producing grip without noise

I can reccommend continental as one of the best and quietest tyres makes

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you