Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

Hi, I have a Saab 93 2008 1.9 diesel. It starts at 1st attempt

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Saab 93 2008 1.9 diesel. It starts at 1st attempt then dies after 3-4 seconds. It starts again straight away the dies again. So starts every time but cuts out.
Category: Saab
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully i can help..

Are there any engine warning lights on since this occurred? and what codes was stored?

Any unusal smoke out the back when the cars starts etc?

Has anything else been inspected/replaced bar just the injectors?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, there's no warning lights. According to garage there were no codes stored. There's been no smoke that I've noticed. I had dpf replaced 8 month ago but nothing else, not sure if garage inspected anything else other than the injectors. Car got 77,000 miles on

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there sorry for the delay..

Ok..usually with injector faults as such wouldnt really cause a problem like this..unless there is a fueling issue/pressure wise to effect all four - injectors fault to can also cause excess fuelling/excess leak back or missfiring thus smoke out the back..I see they havent checked anything probably the best place to start is to fully inspect for leaks across the whole fueling system - get the fuel filter changed you'd be surprised how a fuel filter can cause a whole load of running issues....its an easy job for any garage to carry out..and then see if that helps..if not then if their machine has the capability or not have the car diagnosed/live data and see what throws up in regards ***** ***** and when the fault occurs..Have they rechecked to ensure the dpf hasnt reblocked up/causing a increase in back pressure that could stop the car running and do exactly as you describe//EGR valve checked..maybe start off with the fuel filter/fuel system presure test done..then live test to see what sensors could be dropping out ie:- crank/cam sensor.if their diagnostic machine cant do that then you will need to find a good diagnostic tech with the proper equipment to do so..I do hope this helps