mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Saab Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have suddenly lost drive in third gear in my Saab.

Customer Question

Saab 95 Aero (manual) I have suddenly lost drive in third gear in my Saab. All the other gears are completely normal and there was no unusual noise or crunching etc, could you let me have a diagnosis please? Wayne XXXXXXXX

Category: Saab
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please let me have an answer to my question when you can.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,
Thank you for getting back to me. We have Professionals online all the time, unfortunately they may not have the experience needed to assist you. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shantal

Thanks for getting back to me. There is not much more information I can give, other than the gearbox seems perfectly normal in every gear including reverse etc. Just third gear suddenly lost drive half way through a journey. There were no unusual noises, no gear whine etc. I only noticed it when I changed up to third and the revs went up and then realised that third gear was not driving.

If you need any other info please email me.

I look forward to an answer asap.

Hello Wayne,
Thank you for getting back to me. N further information is needed at the moment. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello Wayne,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Chantal

I have been waiting for an answer to my question since 18th DEC last year, still nothing! As I have already had a new gear box installed, my question is now irrelevant. I'm rather dissapointed with your service and feel it would only be right to ask for my money back.

Wayne