29905560

We have a property that for some reason is managed by a property

Customer Question

We have a property that for some reason is managed by a property management company. It is a house, part of a block of 5 houses. Myself and my husband are extremely unhappy with the service and fees from the company. We HAVE to pay them for buildings insurance, which is excessively expensive. We also have to pay them monthly management fees. This covers communal spaces only. The only communal space we have is a car park. Nothing else. So we have to pay £1000 approx per quarter for management of a car park....... they send in a 'gardener' quarterly. Given there is no garden, only the car park, this involves blowing a few leaves around. And we of course are also charged for this. We have argued with them for many months, and they are well aware we think their service and fees are not acceptable, but it seems to be written into our deeds of covenant that we have to stick with them. We live in Scotland UK, is there anything we can do?
Amy
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 years ago.

What do your title deeds say about factors' appointment and dismissal? Is there a Deed of Conditions?