31090051

My partner gifted his car to me and signed it over to me to

Customer Question

My partner gifted his car to me and signed it over to me to prevent it being crushed as he has been charged for drink driving. He has beaten me up and thrown me and my daughter on the street with no money and kept all our possesions. Can i SELL MY CAR?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
To whom is it registered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is registered in my name
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Does he accept that he gifted it to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes he does but is being extremely violent and I am now in hiding with nothing. He signed it over to me last year and was happy to do so as it is his 4th drink driving charge. I did ask a Chief Superintendant and he said he was on a sticky wicket as he was trying to evade the law. He admits he gave it to me and did so in front of a police officer referring to it as my car
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

Sorry but I don't understand. If he accepts that he handed it over to you as a gift then why are you concerned about selling it??

I'm afraid that the drink driving charge is a complete non issue. They would not have had the power to scrap the car for that. That is for no insurance.

And why have you been discussing this with the police? Its a civil matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mainly to keep myself right, as he is an alchoholic who would have no qualms about denying gifting it to me. I need to be sure so I can sell it to pay for a house for me and my child. The police are involved due to the level of violence towards myself over the last few years
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Yes, but what specifically does that have to do with the car? I'm not sure why you have been discussing the car with the police?

Has he made an allegation?

Where is the car kept on a daily basis? Who normally drives it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No alegation, just threats. It is kept in Scotland I just need to keep myself and child safe by coming to England. I usually drive it more than him.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

If this is in Scotland then I will have to move this to the Scots law category for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I just wait for reply on this site still, thank you for help so far though
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972
Is there any further progress re my question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I have been waiting hours for a reply from a sCOTTISH ADVISOR
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, i have still had no contact back re my question can you please advise?

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

There is nothing to stop you selling the car as it is your property now. He has admitted the fact in front of witnesses and you have possession and control of the car.

As long as there is no finance on the vehicle you can sell it.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.