31090051

My Mother Passed away and now I have found out my older brother

Customer Question

My Mother Passed away and now I have found out my older brother has bought her house 3 years ago ! Not giving me or my 2 Sisters the Opportunity to buy in for a share ! The house was bought for only £13.500 ! It is now worth almost £85'000
i was never given the chance to buy in with him ! Can I do anything about it now ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

If the title was taken in the name of your brother, or more likely your mother and brother and the survivor of them there is nothing you can do about this now, I'm afraid.

Your mother was under no obligation to offer you or your sister a chance to share the purchase. Underhand on the part of your brother, but not illegal.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.