29905560

My sister in law was dismissed for theft by her employer who

Customer Question

My sister in law was dismissed for theft by her employer who apparently has the evidence on CCTV (GBP3000 proven). She informed us that they had said she could just pay it back but was then arrested. Our concern is that she is not telling us the truth about her consequences and we worry about the affect on our brother who she has gotten into huge debt at the same time. We need to guide him on a)how he can find out how much debt she has actually got him into (this is not the first time) b) what will happen to her legally in respect to the theft - i.e. we cant believe that she would have been arrested without charges being brought against her and c) how can he protect himself, his home etc going forward.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
How much debt is he in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972. The latest (what he is aware of) is GBP18,000.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I have realised you are in Scotland.

I will move this to scots law for you.