29905560

I was sentenced, on a DUI, last Friday (15th inst), and wish

Customer Question

I was sentenced, on a DUI, last Friday (15th inst), and wish to appeal this conviction, based, primarily, on "Unsafe Judgement", and also on misrepresentation by my (now 'dismissed') Solicitor. I met with a local Solicitor, earlier today, and he believes I do not have grounds for Appeal. I contacted my area Public Defender, but they are not able to take any 'off-shore' cases, (they are in Inverness, I am on Isle of Lewis). I have, (had!) 14 days, since Sentencing - time IS of the essence! Can I act as my own agent in launching an appeal, or is it mandatory for a Solicitor to apply? I have been acting as my own agent, on this and one other, (outstanding), case. I maintain that a miscarriage of justice exists, and will forward you further details, when I receive a response to this initial query. Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Noble
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am the solicitor expert and mentor on the Scots Law section of JustAnswer.

I have noticed that I have answered questions for you on two occasions before but you don't appear to have accepted my answers on either occasion?