31090051

I have been married for 32 years with so much stress i had

Customer Question

i have been married for 32 years with so much stress i had an affair what happens when divorce proceedinsg take place
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
What specifically do you want to know?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

32 years of emtional stress now i had an affair if my wife wants a divorce what is the split up of the assets

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
The asset split in terms of the legislation is defined as what is fair. Fair normally means equal so everything is divided equally except anything gifted or inherited from third parties or anything acquired by either of you before the marriage.
The house, pensions, money, investments, property, are all divided in a way as to give each of you a half value.
The cause of the breakdown of the marriage and your affair will not feature in any issues of division of property.
Happy to discuss further if you have further information.