31090051

I have a golf trolley battery which has become faulty about

Customer Question

I have a golf trolley battery which has become faulty about 2 months after the 1 year warranty expired. I spoke to the company that supplied the battery, and they have stated that the battery comes under "consumables". Are they correct?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

A battery is a consumable but at the same time will have a particular lifespan. You would have to take technical advice on what is the normal lifespan of a battery of that type so that you can then assess whether the retailer has sold you something which is not of satisfactory quality.

The warranty is not really an issue. It is whether under the Sale of Goods Act there is a reasonable expectation that the device ought to have lasted for longer than it did.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.