31090051

how much would it cost me to divorce my husband, iam on benefits

Customer Question

how much would it cost me to divorce my husband, iam on benefits including DLA, we have been seperated for one year and he has met someone else
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

If you are on benefits it is likely that you would qualify for legal aid so that it would not cost you to pursue the action.

The way it works is that the legal aid board would underwrite your solicitor's costs in the first instance. If you make a recover of money or property from your husband the legal aid board would be able to offset your recovery from the fees due to your solicitor.

You can use the legal aid calculators at www.slab.org.uk to see if your would qualify and I am happy to discuss further with you if I can answer any further question you may have.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.