29905560

I bought a car a few weeks ago. I have now found out that the

Customer Question

I bought a car a few weeks ago. I have now found out that the person who sold it to me has a proceeds of crime order against him for this car, amongst other things. I have been told that the court order was made after I bought the car but I don't know if this is true or not. If I bought it after the court order was issued can the police take it from me? If I bought it before the court order can the police take it from me? I am extremely concerned about this, I paid £18000 for the car.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Was this a private deal?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes and I paid in cash.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

jomo1972

yes and I paid in cash

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
How long ago did you buy and was it a reduced price?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I paid the fixed price asked for the car and it was 3 weeks ago

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

i paid the fixed asking price 3 weeks ago. don't have the exact date to hand just now

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
by answering my question. I have received no answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for jomo 1972

3 weeks ago and I paid the fixed asking price

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list. If you want to speed up this process please wait until I have responded before you post.

I need to know if the fixed price was less than the car would have been worth on the open market.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for jomo1972

Ah ok, sorry.

I paid £18000 for the car and they are advertised on internet sites for between £22000 and £27000 with similar mileage. In an auction you would expect to pay around £18000 to £20000

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Ive just realised you are in Scotland. The proceeds of crime act is similar there but I'm in England and Wales so I will move this for you now.