31090051

my husband has been willed the family home. still being sorted

Customer Question

my husband has been willed the family home. still being sorted as searching for deeds.etc when is house his. in meantime who pays bills for house
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

The estate should be paying the bills for the house until it is transferred to your husband.

However three years is a very long time to be messing around looking for title deeds. The solicitor should be getting copies of the titles from the Registers of Scotland if they are lost. Also check that they have been insuring the house for this period.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am not dealing with scottish law.we live n.ireland. house in ireland. we have been insuring the house. hope it is valid.

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
For some reason your question has been posted to Scots law. I'll try to transfer you to NI.