29905560

My partner has a child from a previous relationship & was cheated

Customer Question

My partner has a child from a previous relationship & was cheated on by the mother he maintained the child & also had maintained regular contact on certain days times for the last 6 years, I now live with my partner & up until recently everything was ok, my partners ex is now saying that the son doesn't need to see his dad or stay overnight, we have spoken to his son & he said there's no reason he doesn't want to stay, but he still wants to visit, I am currently 8 months pregnant and I also have my 2 children who live with me all kids get on great, the ex always texts and has verbally abused me in a text also she demanded my partners passport no. Because her sons passport is due for renewal, I tried to help by looking for it while my partner was at work & she said it had nothing to do with me, and told my partner she would be telling her son he's not seeing his dad because of the passport thing& then told him she's going to a lawyer so my partner said that's fine he will do same, she then text saying her son wants to see his dad as normal and he is to tell her set times but the set times are already in place, we also constantly pick up his son from her parents house most of time, his son also does not eat when we make home cooked meals & says he wants waffles and bacon as this is what he gets at his mums or grandparents,we are both stressed with her demands and don't know where we stand, any advice would help
Category: Scots Law