29905560

My wife is a teacher, working in Scotland, and is in a job

Customer Question

My wife is a teacher, working in Scotland, and is in a job share agreement. She works 0.4 (2 days a week) and her job share partner works 0.6 (3 days a week). Two comments are 1) there is very little sharing of classes which I'm not sure constitutes a job share agreement. 2) My wife has been advised that her job share partner has been taken out of the agreement but my wife is still doing 0.4 days and they have no plans to advertise the 0.6 element of her job share agreement.

Can you advise from an Employment Law whether my wife has any rights to return to her original full time post. Her job share partner, whom has been taken out of the job share agreement, has been given a new 0.7 permanent contract which wasn't advertised.

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, please can you tell me if your wife ever complained about the lack of sharing of lessons and whether she was full time before the job share and if she signed a contract reducing her hours?