31090051

I have a complaint about my lawyer as he did not tell me about

Customer Question

I have a complaint about my lawyer as he did not tell me about the family law act when my partner past away and therefore passed everything onto my daughter including our home can I do anything about this now. he also did not pay off the mortgage on the property when the mortgage protection policy paid out

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

I presume you are referring to section 29 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006.

If you have a service complaint about your lawyer you have to contact the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission. However if you are alleging that you lawyer was negligent as a result of which you have suffered loss you have to instruct another lawyer to make a claim for professional negligence.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.