31090051

I recently had my wedding dress cleaned through a company I

Customer Question

I recently had my wedding dress cleaned through a company I found online. There was a problem with the courier company that returned my dress, and the cleaning company was involved in locating the missing dress. It was eventually returned to me a few days late and on checking the dress it has been damaged and not cleaned properly. I have emailed the cleaning company for their comments twice but they do not answer my emails. What can I do? Hope you can help.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOM01972

I'd like to know how I can make the company talk to me.

I really just want them to answer my question about how the dress came to be damaged and what the problem was with delivery. The special box I sent them to deliver my dress in was damaged badly, and returned in a filthy state. The courier man admitted to me it had been sitting in a warehouse prior to him receiving it for delivery.

This is not the service I expected and I really just want to know how to get an answer from the company concerned with an explanation of what happened. Their lack of response to emails is quite distressing giving the nature of the product they are dealing with.

The website is www.treasuredpossesion.co.uk.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
I will move this to Scots law for you as you are in Scotland.

All the best
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

Sorry but I don't understand. What does this mean in terms of you contacting me again? Should I stay online?

Thanks,

Allison

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

I am in the Scots law section of Just Answer and your post has been passed to me.

Please tell me what you seek to achieve. You can't force this company to reply to your emails. Your ultimate remedy is to take them to court for damages. Happy to discuss.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On the website they state that clients are insured against damages. If the company does not reply to emails, how does a client initiate a claim? I have a telephone number which I will use tomorrow. I have this because the company concerned left a message for me regarding delivery. I will attempt to speak directly to them and if unhappy with their response will contact you again regarding a damages claim. Thank you.

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
No problem.