31090051

How can I stopt Scottish Water cutting off supply to my small

How can I stopt Scottish Water cutting off supply to my small business? I am in dispute over an an overdue account. I have offered to pay an outstanding account by direct debit monthly but they just wont listen.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

That is fairly typical of Scottish Water. A client of mine has a similar problem. What you have to do is get your lawyer to write to their solicitors, Brodies in Edinburgh explaining the dispute and saying that you are going to get a court order preventing the supply from being cut off and you will seek the expenses of such an action.

The solicitor will then generally confirm that Scottish Water will not take any steps towards cutting your supply off pending discussions.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.