31090051

hi I have lease for shop till 2030, but the business is not

Customer Question

hi I have lease for shop till 2030, but the business is not great I am making nothing actually loosing every week, its not viable for me to run this business anymore, tried to get an other buyer but no luck as the rent is too high and landlord is not willing to reduce, but I want to end the lease as soon as possible how shall I go about this, kindly guide me

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 3 years ago.

leanne-jones : Hello - my name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
leanne-jones : I am sorry to hear this - do you have a break clause?
JACUSTOMER-7uogw6td- : What is break claus, ?
leanne-jones : It is a clause that allows you to leave early. Is the lease in your name or do you have a limited company?
JACUSTOMER-7uogw6td- :

yes its on my wife and my sister inlaw's name, I have copy tried to look but could not find the clause

leanne-jones : Ok. Any personal guarantees?
JACUSTOMER-7uogw6td- :

no

leanne-jones : Ok. Does the lease have a termination clause?
JACUSTOMER-7uogw6td- :

I am not sure can I send you copy of lease may be you can see something ?

leanne-jones : [email protected] - put for my attention please
leanne-jones : It can take up to 24 hours
JACUSTOMER-7uogw6td- :

ok, or I can attach in here, as I can see option to attch

leanne-jones : Ok. You can try to see if that works, but I do not know whether that works in chat mode
JACUSTOMER-7uogw6td- :

ok I will do both thanks for your kind response, I will wait for your reply

leanne-jones : Yes. It may take up to 24 hours for admin to email it to me
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm very sorry but leanne-jones is no longer available to answer questions. I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland experienced in commercial leasing.

I can look at this for you..I see that my colleague asked you if you could attach a copy of the lease or email it to [email protected] As my colleague is no longer available could you do so and ask that they mark it for the attention of JGM.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.